Sunday, May 20, 2007

THANKS TO YOU (For my Parents: for keeping up with me)

WARNING: MUSHY POST AHEAD

THIS IS MY BLOG THOUGH SO YOU HAVE
NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN.
JUST KEEP ON SINGING.




Dined out with the whole family tonight. We had an advance celebration for my parents 30th wedding anniversary tomorrow. I definitely couldnt join them tomorrow for ill be on another 24-hour duty. Part of the job. Good thing my family's kinda used to it already. I'll be missing out important events or celebrations most of the time to the point that i no longer feel holidays.

My parents have been together for 30 years! Whew! Im posting it here for i admire how the two of them lasted each other's company.hehe Seriously, im just so thankful being blessed with the kind of parents that i have. Aside from blogging, my parents are my living emotional vent when things in the hospital's tearing me apart. I remembered how they have witnessed me crying my heart out because of disappointments with the people around me. They were there to comfort me when i'd be affected by my patient's death. They were the first people who supported my plan of pursuing residency training in this institution. They were also the ones who assured me that twas not just me who was prepared for whatever consequences that this training in this government hospital might bring me. Fortunately or unfortunately, they were also the ones who contributed to my toxicity. How? What with those prayers everytime that i go on 24-hour duty, that the patients would go to the hospital because i was the one on duty? I discovered this when my dad comforted me while i was whining during one of our family dinners. I was too full of my toxicity that time that twas already reaching the limit of my tolerance gauge. Hearing dad however say that i should feel better because God must have trusted me so much to entrust His people under my care, made me feel worse. This was what he was always been praying everytime im out for a duty. Sheesh! He should have prayed instead that his daughter be given a time to rest...haggle it even for just one duty a month maybe? Rationalization however tells me that there nothing wrong with dad's prayer anyway. Maybe he and God believes in me more than my pathetic self.

For 29 years, my parents have been there for me. The reason too that i couldnt be so obviously wicked are them. I always hear good things about them that the least that a child like me could do was never to taint their name. These fellows have worked themselves up and ive witnessed their hardwork to keep our family. Couldnt help but admire them for this.

Though having a family of my own is still a blur for me, i just wish that ill have the kind that's like my immediate family. I just hope though that i have acquired my parents' patience and commitment to stay in the relationship. By the time that the Haley's comet becomes visible on earth, i surely have it already. This is the time that i promised expectant friends that ill get married. Well, I still have enough time to develop this patience until 2062.hehe

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, and when will Haley's comet come whizzing by earth again? ;-)

Congrats on your parent's 30th year of being together. I'm guessing you're the eldest? ;-)

AngelMD-No-More said...

2062...hehe and it wont be long i guess...hehe thnx for the greeting! yep! i am the eldest.

Rhea Joy Tabujara said...

happy anniversary sa ila ni lolo kg lola..hahaha...pateh sa ila momz and dadz mo...
xmpre naman...every child wants to have a family...not a broken one...subo na ya noh...
it really feels so great having a family, it may not be the perfect one as others may see but having them around is already perfect and complete...we may thought we're already grown up and out on our own, but in the back of our minds we are never alone, because we have them...
Congrats liwat sa ila ah!

AngelMD-No-More said...

thnx gid day...=)

Unknown said...

congrats sa imo nga parents cel. =)

AngelMD-No-More said...

thnx nyss...=P