Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Cheers to the 28 Years



I might have missed the annual videoke birthday session but my 28th year birthday would be considered a memorable one. Not because i received a lot of threats from friends, relatives and even consultants that if i dont commit myself with someone at this time, i just have to prepare myself to sign up with the "Spinster Club." How many times did i hear people reiterating how old i am and still unattached? How many times today did i hear the word "la-on" (spinster)? My ears were too deaf to hear them. Should everybody be involved and get into my own lovestory?

Well, save for this one, there are a lot of things and people to be thankful for for today. Fanny Serrano for my make-up, James Cooper for my hair, Bausch and Lomb for my eyewear.... Seriously, just have to thank my family for really bearing me for the past 28 years and for the dinner treat. My co-residents for the non-stop chow sessions. My pupplet, for the chocolate cake though i am currently abstaining from chocolates (but i did eat a little...more!) Cris for the cake (chocolate torte) and for again tempting me to eat those chocolate toppings. Paolo for the lechon (i really forgot what he promised). Of course, my friends who never forgot to greet me: texts, calls, emails, etc and for the gifts. I might have remained awake until the wee hours of the morning thanking them back for the greetings yet the feeling that i am remembered overcame my sleepiness.

Goodness, what more can i wish for? For my 28th birthday, i wished for nothing. Partner in life? Nah! Better wish it yourself for me. They say wishes are answered when other people wish it for you. In my prayers, i no longer ask for something. I am quite contented with my life right now that "Thank you Big Dad" is all that i can utter.

No comments: