Sunday, December 28, 2008

Super Thankful


Last year, I posted my 49 Things. Well, they are 49 things before I die...err I mean get married. In other words, I'll only get married once I'll be able to fulfill all of these.hehe I guess the year 2008 and the rest of my 30 years of existence were really great. I might not have the time to make a "Thank you" entry before the year ends, and since I felt the great comfort from the Big Guy upstairs during the mass this afternoon, it's but timely to be thankful right now. There's really something with the wind that makes me feel His presence. Well, this deserves another entry.

Anyway, as a review of my 49 things, here they are again. Just in case someone with a good heart reading this would grant me one request. A free trip maybe?hehe By the way, I realized that there are some entries here that changed in time. You know, change of priorities and plans, etcetera. I think it would be wiser if I modify them.hehe This is my list anyway. Who begs to disagree?hehe

Note: The green ones were fulfilled this year...the rest of the highlighted entries were already done.=) I couldn't thank Him more!=)

1. Go bungee jumping - still hoping! There's a zipline at Tagaytay I've heard. This could substitute.hehe
2. Go Skydiving - I'm not sure if there's one in Pampanga. I hope in 2009 this will be highlighted.hehe
3. Train in Neurology - hmmmm, change of plans...it's RHEUMATOLOGY. It's a subspec still.
4. Train in US - PGH is the wiser choice as of this time...blame the economy.hehe
5. Buy an Ipod
6. Get to Mindanao

7. Tour around Asia - can I count 1 trip as "around Asia" already? At least I started the ball rolling this year.hehe

8. Own a house by the sea - a "kubo" will suffice so long as it's by the sea.
9. Go to Disneyland - free tickets anyone?hehe
10. Publish a book - would having a blog be considered? (same question as last year's)
11. Compose a song - very far-fetched! I plan to put a new entry here! Think! Think!
12. Sponsor a scholar
13. Serve the Missionaries of Charity - already visited the place one time but the nuns were not around. At least I had an attempt.hehe
14. Go to Calcutta, India - after the bombing at Mumbai recently, I'm having a change of mind.hehe
15. Learn to drive - already have my student permit. wink* wink*
16. Own a car - house? car? which comes first? Hmmm, I'll think about this once I'm done with subspecialization.hehe
17. Go to Batanes - not during stormy season.
18. Go out on a real date - with my morphine alright...noone else.hehe
19. Do stargazing under the bora skies with someone special - hmmm, hopefully 2 years from now, this will be in highlight.
20. Travel with someone special - hehehe morphine and I's next plan...Amazing Race Asia! Of course I'm kidding! I was sleeping all the time during that 6-hour trip what more in longer ones.
21. Send my parents to a vacation - i mean a grand vacation. I have to win the lotto.
22. Help send a sibling to school
23. Own a Canon SLR camera - once there's a handy and light-weight one.hehe
24. Go parasailing
25. Be in two places at the same time
26. Write my autobiography - can a resume be counted as one?hehe
27. Learn to swim
28. Learn to ride a bike
29. Go scuba diving
30. Make a compilation of my pictures of sunsets
31. Travel out of the country with my family - will travel with mom be considered "family?"
32. Eat baskets of strawberries with salt
33. Do someone a favor everyday
34. Learn another dialect
35. Learn another language - french, spanish, italian, im still thinking
36. Meet the pope - i was at first referring to John Paul II - now we have a new pope!
37. Go to Rome
38. Ride a helicopter
39. Live on my own - INDEPENDENCE!!! (sooooooooooon!)
40. Travel to new places on my own
41.Have a rooftop garden complete with landscaping - overlooking the sea...with a very nice sunset view? isn't it lovely?hehe
42. Buy my parents their golden wedding rings - bought them silver rings during their 25th year i hope i could buy them their rings on their 50th...=)
43. Go white water rafting
44. Put up a foundation - my memorial foundation?=)
45. Surprise someone
46. Touch a life - i believe im doing this
47. Write my last will
48. Fall deeply in love - hmmm took the risk - finally...hehe My head still rules my heart though.
49. Commit without fear - still struggling on this one but morphine tells me I'm doing good.hehe

Hmmm, with the rate I'm running, the long-term plans I have here (see entry #42) and some far-fetched entries (see entry #11), I guess I'm really bound to get married at 49. Well, this is really what the list is for - to keep me from getting married.hehehe I mean, to think things over before I take the plunge. Unless of course I'll once again change them or I'll break my condition.hehe

5 comments:

Garando said...

Hmmmmm... some of these you can do even when you're already married. So I guess you don't have to worry about making all of these a pre-requisite for Marriage. hehe :D

Some may actually be even more fun and meaningful if done with your spouse. ;)

Now may not be a good time to go to India, but when the dust settles, I encourage you to do so. India is one wild adventure, something worthy to tell your grandkids when you become a lola. ;) Just make sure you get those hepa shots before you go. :D

Anonymous said...

I love this list, but with this list, you will not have the time of your life. If you really want to marry before reaching 49, hurry, make haste, but yeah, 49 may be a bit late to get married... Happy New Year Doc! I will post my W list when I am in my blogging mode already.

AngelMD-No-More said...

garando: ay yep! I remember u have nice shots in india manong.hahaha the ones were u and garandee were like models.hahaha about the prerequisite for marriage thingie...if i'll change my condition (fulfilling these before i get married) then i think i have to change my morphine?hahaha he's bound to serve the country you know and out of the country's trip is i guess quite impossible in the future.hehehe

sheng: hehehe actually, this list was made during the pre-morphine era.hehe if uve seen practical magic, they're like the conditions that sandra bullock made so that she wont fall in love...as for my case, for me to concentrate on my career first before lovelife. weird?hehe happy new year to u and ur family too!

Anonymous said...

I would love to give you that free ticket to Disneyland.Will put that on my 49 list and hope I can make it come true in the future also (fingers crossed).Why "morphine" by the way?

AngelMD-No-More said...

anonymous: haha thanks gid doc. now that you've discovered my site, im more cautious in posting entries here.hehehe thanks for the free tickets!hahaha morphine's quite sensational now huh?hehe this is in relation to a previous post http://voxcaelestis.blogspot.com/2008/04/it-not-just-morphine.html.hehe