Thursday, January 01, 2009

Something that Reminds Me Of


I soooo love these months. Nopes! Not the holidays. Spare me of the traffic, congested malls, unending parties and non-stop mastication and gastronomic exercises, puh-lease. I'm referring to the weather. Cold, cloudy, windy, and yep! windy - minus the rain. I've mentioned from another post that the "wind" deserves another entry so this one.

Something that reminds me of. Yep! The wind reminds me of something. I don't know what it is with the wind for like me, who is a walking irony of things, the wind too gives me those ironic feelings. I was in the mass last night and I was seated in my most comfortable seat in the chapel. Where else but the pew right next to the window grills. It's very strategic. I can see the altar and I'm seated next to the wall (autism qualification #1...avoids contact with a lot of people). At 9 o'clock in the evening, amidst the noise of the firecrackers and fireworks before the year ended, I felt so peaceful and comfortable. I can feel the wind in my face and it even gave me chills despite the fact that i'm wearing a jacket. This feeling was then followed by a very warm, comfortable and very secure feeling. A feeling as if someone so powerful hugged me very tight. Yep! Far more secure and comfortable than my morphine's bear hugs.

Ahhhh life! I may not know what lies ahead of me this year but last night, I just had a very warm bear hug from the Big Guy Upstairs. He knows the chaos that's going on in my mind and my heart right now. He knows my apprehensions and fears. He knows that I needed comfort and assurance for the New Year. Through the wind, He reminded me that everything's going to be okay. In my journey with life, I might feel cold and scared, but His hug is always there to tell me that I'm safe and I shall pass through things unscathed and unharmed.

As I'm posting this blog, I find inspiration from the wind that's blowing through my window. Cold yet comforting...it is calling me to bed faster than the aircon. Ugh! Which reminds me. I still need to talk with Harrison here beside me.

A blessed New Year everyone!

4 comments:

Garando said...

Like you, I love this holiday climate! Cool and windy... I'm also making the most of it by sleeping until 10am everyday. hehe... because after about a month, summer will be coming around again.

AngelMD-No-More said...

garando: hehehe i so miss tagaytay during this time. might be colder there right now than bcd. maybe u cud bring garandee there before the break is over.hehehe oh, just like u, just woke up.hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Ako naman, I can't do that. My body clock has never failed me, yet. I can still sleep at 2 am and wake up at 5 or 6, that's the usual thing.

AngelMD-No-More said...

sheng: hahaha i guess when you're already a parent, you really have to attend to your kids first. Am i right? Ugh! I will not wake up that early so long as I dont have an early morning appointment.hehehe